sk is a lightweight multi-protocol & multi-source command-line download utility. It supports HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, BitTorrent and Metalink. sk can be manipulated via built-in JSON-RPC and XML-RPC interfaces.
Download sk There you can download source distribution and binaries for OS X, Windows and Android.
- Multi-Connection Download. sk can download a file from multiple sources/protocols and tries to utilize your maximum download bandwidth. Really speeds up your download experience.
- Lightweight. sk doesn’t require much memory and CPU time. When disk cache is off, the physical memory usage is typically 4MiB (normal HTTP/FTP downloads) to 9MiB (BitTorrent downloads). CPU usage in BitTorrent with download speed of 2.8MiB/sec is around 6%.
- Fully Featured BitTorrent Client. All features you want in BitTorrent client are available: DHT, PEX, Encryption, Magnet URI, Web-Seeding, Selective Downloads, Local Peer Discovery and UDP tracker.
- Metalink Enabled. sk supports The Metalink Download Description Format(aka Metalink v4), Metalink version 3 and Metalink/HTTP. Metalink offers the file verification, HTTP/FTP/SFTP/BitTorrent integration and the various configurations for language, location, OS, etc.
- Remote Control. sk supports RPC interface to control the sk process. The supported interfaces are JSON-RPC (over HTTP and WebSocket) and XML-RPC.
Command-line scares you off? No, sk is really easy to use!!
Download from WEB:
||$ sk http://example.org/mylinux.iso
Download from 2 sources:
||$ sk http://a/f.iso ftp://b/f.iso
Download using 2 connections per host:
||$ sk -x2 http://a/f.iso
||$ sk http://example.org/mylinux.torrent
BitTorrent Magnet URI:
||$ sk ‘magnet:?xt=urn:btih:248D0A1CD08284299DE78D5C1ED359BB46717D8C’
||$ sk http://example.org/mylinux.metalink
Download URIs found in text file: